Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree...

Oh yes it is finally time for me to take down my Christmas tree!


I am sad about it, but not in the sense that Christmas is over but that I have to take it down. See I wasn’t really in the “Spirit” this season, do not know why?

I started to take down the tree the day I started to put it up, and than I tried on Christmas, but we had to pack to go to Tennessee to see my husband’s part of the family. Than I started to take it down New Years Day, but stopped. I guess I wasn’t in the mood to take it down or I was LAZY. It was probably the “LAZY” part. I didn’t really want to put it up. BUT because it’s been 24 days since Christmas I guess I will take it down singing, “oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree…”.
And because I am a blogger at heart (even though my posts don’t show it) I decided to take pictures of my journey!


Taking off the star...

Alot of lights? Normally I have 2+ "bundles" of lights on my tree... This year, well 2008, I would have been fine with 1 strand of lights...


Trying to fit everything into my Christmas Tote (it fit)
And the tree fit safely into its box for next year/this year...



So my question to you is what is the latest you have left your tree up for? (I thought about putting hearts on it for V-Day, but I doubt my husband would let me leave it up that long HA!)
ETA... I guess I need to change the background of my blog too...

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Hope you have a beautiful weekend! ♥ Hugs :)

*Keli* said...

Hellllooo Twitta Sistah!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!! You are crackin me up with the tree! I'm sooo glad you took it down FINALLY! Mine comes down the evening of Christmas day or the very next day! Back in the day, I used to keep it up till New Years! Love your blog and you too have a beautiful family! xo Keli