Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Honey, I'll be ready in 5 more minutes...

So last Wednesday (1.7.9) I had permanent eyeliner done. And if you are unfamiliar with the procedure, they have a tattoo gun right at your eye, but they numb you, so I didn't feel a thing. Well I did feel some things, it actually tickled.
The one thing that really hurt is when they numbed me. They do this by injecting your eyelid and the skin below your eye with a numbing medicine, and that means they prick your eye, WITH A NEEDLE, around 4-6 times on top/bottom per eye. That hurt!
Another thing is after the procedure, my eyes felt very irritated when I blinked. But that ended around middle of day two. But now my eyes are tender still (and itch a lot), I still have some bruising but nothing that can't be covered with eye shadow. My eyes are healing still every day.
So with out further ado, I have some pictures on here from each day so you can see the difference!
Let me show you some pictures...

Before
Waiting and getting nervous

My dear cousin Feather (http://www.featherlikeabird.blogspot.com/) set with me to document everything (THANKS)

Taking my before picture...

Jessica starting to work on meAfter one eye finished, (yes it is that swollen)

Starting to work on my left eye

Almost done with my left eye

After she is finished (I look like I just got the crap beat out of me)

Me looking at the finished result

Jessica putting some vaseline on my newly tattood eyes
Post Tattoo Day 1
Post Tattoo Day 2

Post Tattoo Day 3
In this silly picture of my you can see the bruises around both of my eyes :)

Post Tattoo Day 5 (I forgot to take pictures on day 4)


Post Tattoo Day 8

So needless to say, it won't take me as long as before to get ready, Tell me what you think, would you do it?!?!?!

7 comments:

*Keli* said...

Oh my..OUCH!! But I would totally put my big girl face on and do it! I hate putting on my eyeliner everyday! You look great!! X0

jennykate77 said...

Wow! I love the end result...the beginning and middle, not so much...but the final product is gorgeous! You look beautiful. I have been wanting another tattoo, but I'm not sure it will be on my eyelids...hmmm...I'll have to think about that one.

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Ok, so I'll admit that does look pretty darn scary. I'm all for tattoo's but I don't know if I could do it that close to my eyes.
I loved Feather's play by play when you were getting it done though.
And after all the swelling went down I say your eyes look awesome!!!!!!

feather k said...

it does look great...and no that wasn't red eyeliner on like days 2-4...and you're welcome...at least you documenting my tat didnt take 3 hours..but I'm more committed like that :)

Momma_Hug said...

WOW!! You are one brave woman. I can honestly say, no I would not do it. But that's because I don't wear make-up and I absolutely do NOT like needles.
You are very brave and it paid off, you look great!

Claire said...

Wow!!! It looks really good, but I don't think I would be that brave at all. In fact, I'm so chicken about my eyes that I can't even put liner on my lower lids because it grosses me out too much.

How sad is that?!?

Awdrey said...

Wow, no I don't think I would do it, but there are certain cosmetic surgeries I would for sure do.