Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Remember when I was little...



Well, I wasn't to little when I did this... Remember the movie Sister Act 2? Well about 1 minute and 39 seconds into the video above, there is a song she sings called "Do The Hustle". Well for some reason when I heard it I thought it was "Do the HOT TUB" :) So I would go around the house singing "Do The Hot tub, Do The Hot tub" and even would add some of the music after that! :) I will never live this down with my family they constantly remind me of it! :) That is okay though, everyone is bound to have a funny moment like this one time in their life!

So what is some of your "I thought the lyric was this and it was something else moments"

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine" Actual lyrics: "and when I cook him dinner and I burn it black, he better say hmm I like it like that." Kimberly's lyrics: "and when I cook him dinner and a Barney Fife..." Sad to admit but that's what I thought. :)

jennykate77 said...

LOL! This is so funny. I've definitely been known to make up my own lyrics a time or two. One time that really stands out in my mind was when I thought the lyrics to John Michaels' Life's A Dance were "Trying to get the courage to ask her out was like trying to get "OFF ON" a water spout"...I know you think I'm bad...but I really thought it said that. I wasn't sure why, but I did. Now I know the lyrics are "was like trying to get OIL from a waterspout." That makes a lot more sense. SOoOoO EMBARRASSING! Oh, and I also thought that old 60's song "Hang on Sloopy" was "Hang on SNOOPY", because really...who the heck is Sloopy?

LeLe said...

LMAO! about jennykate77's "off on a water spout". I NEVER get the lyrics right. The one I still get teased about by my mom is the "I'm leavin' on a jet train" from when I was in Jr. High. I just thought that "jet plane" was too redundant when she corrected me and I fought for "jet train" until she found the song to prove me wrong. DoH!! But my dad always teases my mom cause when I was born (1st child) she would sing to me "Rock a by baby on the cree crock" What the heck is a cree crock?!?

feather k said...

So I have several...but now that I have to think about it...I can't recall many...
I do know one:
Toby Keith's You Ain't Much Fun Since I Quit Drinkin'

Correct Lyrics:
And I'm feedin' the dog, sackin' the trash
It's honey do this, honey do that
I sobered up and I got to thinkin'
Girl you ain't much fun since I quit drinkin'

I thought for the longest he was saying, "I'm feedin' the dog STUFF IN the trash"...